Lower East Side

by











Finally, in NYC! Friday morning, I arrived in New York City where my family was here to meet me. After arriving at the up-and-coming The Standard hotel and getting freshened up, we wondered around the lower east side. Here are pictures of some of the city's greatness we found along the way. It's such an amazing feeling to be back in the great NYC with family for a solid 10 days of touring, shopping, wandering, discovering, laughing, and making incredible life memories; this truly is the best city. 

Coming off a plane but not sacrificing style, I decided to throw on the epitome of comfort chic. This black huge jacket thing is a little gem I discovered at The Market New York in Greenwich Village during my visit in February. I eyed it from across the room, love at first sight style, and I knew it was mine. It's so out of my usual style comfort zone, but that's kind of what I loved about it. I feel like I'm capable of anything in this. Plus, it's the softest material in the world (well, except cashmere, that's impossible to beat). These JBrand jeans have the perfect amount of stretch to ensure full capacity comfort made for wondering AND these not-so-cowboyesque boots had to join the ensemble. Finally, color was needed in order to not look like Plain Jane, no offense to her.

 PS Something about that girl's jacket, topknot, structured bag and bootie was so in spirit of what I was going for this day. And she was adorable. So, that's that.